2sxc 8.8 is here with various improvements, mainly around 2sxc4ng (AngularJS) and publish/unpublish data, plus 20 small features and fixes.
2sxc already has strong features to run AngularJS apps. Here are the improvements:
- new directive called sxcToolbar allows you to easily create edit-toolbars in your angularJS apps
- enhancement to the query service which also allows you to query the current template in addition to querying named queries (from the visual designer)
2sxc is very good at handling data in published/unpublished. This was improved in v8.8:
- you can now publish items directly from the toolbar, which come from a data-context (instead of from the current module-list) - read more about data vs. content.
- fixed various smal bugs related to published / unpublished and demo-data
- The admin list showing all items of a type (like "All Registrations") can now receive filter parameters when opening. This allows you to open the list showing only "Registrations for Course #7503" and similar things, improving the edit experience.
- The toolbar-command contentitems now supports passing these parameters to the item-table - allowing you to create buttons all over your UI for the editor to view only data with this filter, making it easier to create lean admin-UIs
- The content-item list now also offers an export button, which passes the IDs of currently filtered items to the export - allowing the admin to export only these items
Edit Customization Improvements
- Added Razor commands @Edit.Attribute(name, value) to more easily add edit-only html-attributes, which are needed to provide the edit-ui with context-data
To improve the debug-experience it's often important to know the 2sxc-version. This is now shown when mousing over the pi-symbol which shows the debug-state.
Various Improvements and Bug Fixes
Many other improvements and bug fixes were applied, the full list can be found here.
You can always find the latest version of 2sxc on the github releases.