There are various reasons you want the 2sxc without the extensive page around it. Extensive demos here. Here some examples
- Lightboxes showing a module
- Custom RSS-Feeds
- Standard and custom JSON or JSON-P feeds
- AJAX retrieving HTML-fragments from the server
- Parent-Child (Lists with Details) scenarios
There are various ways to achieve this depending on your need:
- If you want a normal page (with the standard layout of this site) but only containing this module, you will need to add a parameter mid=### to the page. For example, try this link with only the ?mid=1116 parameter.
- For lightboxes you usually need need the same module with a minimal skin (so some <html><body>...</body></html> around it). This is done using the standard DNN-parameter popUp=true (case sensitive). Try this link with ?mid=1116&popUp=true parameter.
- Standalone=true will strip everything around it, so you might skip the other parameters. Don't do this, because a complex skin and more modules will cause DNN to generate all that HTML just to have it removed again. Using Standalone=true together with the minimal skin and the mid=## helps speed things up and saves resources.
- Need to know the ID of the current module in Tokens? use the [Module:ModuleID] token, so your URL will look a bit like ?mid=[Module:ModuleID]. Read more about it in the related topics.
- If you want to deliver the modules content as raw JSON without writing any code, this is already possible using another feature we created. Read more about it in the related topics.