2sxc 14 is out and you will love it. Happy Towel Day!
#1 DNN 9.6.1+ Only
We're finally dropping support for DNN 7.4.2 and DNN 8, all they way to DNN 9.6.1. That's the only version we'll support from now on (in addition to Oqtane 3.1+).
This allows us to clean up some history and makes the entire package smaller again 🚀
#2 Crazy CSP - Content Security Policy
CSP is a lot like HTTPS - people don't care about it until you are forced to use it - and then things get difficult.
But not any more. 2sxc 14 has CSP baked in in amazing ways. It has the full framework to get it done, plus many features that will make it easy to actually implement - because it's actually really hard to do.
Using 2sxc 14, you'll be able to get your site CSP-Secure in no time! I'll write more about this in the next few days.
#3 Deep DNN Integration
By focusing on newer DNNs we can now use Dependency Injection in new ways. 2sxc 14 allows you to get 2sxc data, objects and DynamicCode in your Skins/Themes and Modules, so that you can do amazing stuff. Technically this means things like:
- Render a module in a theme, module container or module easily and correctly - using the IRenderService
- Get the data from an App for any kind of use using the IDynamicCodeService
- Get a DynamicCode object (with AsDynamic, Edit.Toolbar etc.) for any App using the IDynamicCodeService
- Get Page / Site Metadata anywhere you need it using the IDynamicCodeService
- Use this.GetService<TypeName>() in your old code to quickly get the objects you need
- Get a IToolbarService, IPageService or CSP helpers from everywhere
That allows you to do things like:
- add notes to your page so that editors can remember what to do
- manage OpenGraph data for every page in 2sxc data
- configure background images/colors on Module Containers
- add page metadata for use in menus etc.
Yep - blogs will follow.
#4 Power Formulas
We've dramatically enhanced formula features in 2sxc 14, so that you can customize your UIs even more. New objects such as app, user, sxc, parameters etc. will really help you shine.
Also: you can now use promises to retrieve data and do even more amazing stuff. Blogs will follow.
#5 Deprecation Warnings
We plan to phase out some very old APIs but don't want to catch you off guard. Because of this, we've implemented a system which logs any use of old APIs and gives you warnings in the Apps-Management. This will allow you to patch old Razor code before upgrading to 2sxc 15 where these old APIs would be disabled.
#6 Image Toolbar
Images created using the IImageService now automatically have an own toolbar to edit description or focal point for resizing. Pretty awesome!
This one isn't quite done yet, but should be in ca. 2 weeks. We can now auto-generate JS docs to make sure they are complete and up to date.
Get it Now!
Love from Switzerland and Croatia