Razor and MVC are gradually replacing the old web controls in DNN. To help you quickly get started - or lookup some snippet you forgot - we created an online tutorial.
- C# basics incl. variables and for-each loops
- Razor output to showing the variables as plain text or raw-html.
- Razor helpers
- Shared code - functions, helpers, templates - for re-use across templates
- Working with content (data which is assigned to an instance of a module)
- Working with data from the current App
- Working with data from Queries in the App
- Working with SQL data
- Working with CSV data
- Working with Koi to ensure that Bootstrap4 is always included
Lots more will come, up next will be LINQ with dynamic data (tricky), automatic image resizing and working with multi-language data.
Online Browse Mode
To use the tutorial online (or just to copy a snippet) visit the Razor Tutorial in our new DNN-Tutorials section.
Play around with the Code
We created the tutorial as a DNN App, so you can also install it on your DNN and play around with the code. You can find the latest Razor Tutorial in the App Catalog.