Video DNN-Connect: Amazing Content Management using 2sxc
Watch the video from the DNN-Connect 2018 Conference in Limerick, where Daniel does a full introduction to awesome content management.
Summary of the Contents
- 01:55 Content is a big deal - from planning to lifecycle ca.
- 03:00 Holistic Solution - Stakeholders and Needs ca.
- 07:00 Challenges - Editing-Hell with Text-HTML, Module-Evaluation-Hell, System-Lifecycle Hell
- 09:00 The Road Ahead - preparing for .net Core
- 10:00 Agenda
- 11:00 Live Demo Page-Builder / Content-Editing - a cool Landing-Page created in minutes
- 18:00 Installation Experience - easy, 3000+ features, view-mode editing, 27 Templates, Bootstrap 3 & 4, etc.
- 22:15 Making changes: Run SASS to update all CSS within seconds - please use standards!
- 27:30 Making changes: add another file field and and output it in the template - also demonstrating how to use snippets for thumbnails
- 33:00 Productivity in numbers - create custom sites with all these features in 2.5 hours
- 35:00 Introducing 2sic, Daniel (iJungleboy)
- 36:20 2sxc Strategies, Philosophies, Paradigms to make work FUN
- 42:00 Discover Power Features in 2sxc Content - Resizer, Content-In-Content, Data-Versioning, KOI, ADAM, IconPickers, Visual Query and more
- 46:24 Focus on real value - restrict the editor, page-builder, standards, etc.
- 47:20 Get Started with 2sxc - discovery mode or strategic process
- 49:45 Compare again with original needs and expectations of stakehorders - super-fast, shake-to-edit, pre-build JS stuff, etc. and cost-control
- 51:25 Questions
- 53:00 Announce next session Amazing Companies are like Software
- 53:30 more Questions
- 56:50 Roadmap - Angular 6 UI, TypeScript refactoring and technical debt, Headless operations
Daniel Mettler grew up in the jungles of Indonesia and is founder and CEO of 2sic internet solutions in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, an 20-head web specialist with over 800 DNN projects since 1999. He is also chief architect of 2sxc (see github), an open source module for creating attractive content and DNN Apps.