Razor Tutorial - Home (09.42.02)
How to use this Tutorial
Below you'll find a list of topics this tutorial covers. The easiest way to work with it is to look at an example, then look at the code shown below the examples. You can also modify the source files and see what happens :)
Basic use of Razor with variables, loops, conditions etc.
Working with HTML
Learn the difference of showing variables with @variable and @Html.Raw(variable), and re-using snippets with @helper
Using Emojis / Emoticons 👍
Show Emojis in your output or use them for showing true/false
Reuse templates and code
You can place common templates, hlp and functions into shared files.
Working with Content & Data
In most cases a template will run in a context - so something prepared data for the template, which should now be visualized. These examples assume you're working with 2sxc, which let's editors work with content - and your template only needs to visualize it.
Visualize current Content
Show content which was entered for this module
Show data from DNN, the current App, DataSources or SQL, CSV etc. Also includes list/details (parent/child) examples.
The following examples show how to use LINQ (Language INtegrated Query) to sort, filter and group data. This is for quick work in your views - for more extensive querying, we recommend the Visual Query Designer.
These examples help you quickly do hard stuff, once you've mastered the basics above
RazorBlade - Making real tasks easier
Properly create preview-texts, strip HTML, pick the right variables, set page titles and way more. Includes...
- Text manipulation, clean-up, cropping and ellipsis
- Picking the ideal string-values
- Html stripping for teasers and to protect against XSS
- Convert html to text and back
- Set page title, headers, keywords
- Create SEO JSON-LD headers
- Create social media Open-Graph headers
These examples help you do cool stuff, once you've mastered the basics above
Koi - Cool things with CSS-Frameworks and Classes
Automatically include missing frameworks, conditionally modify the HTML or CSS-Classes and more, depending on what CSS-framework is used by the theme of this page.
Next Tutorials (Work-In-Progress
We'll create some more tutorials in March/April 2019, incl. the following
- Linking around in dnn
- Using js/css and image resources in the app folder
- Using app settings and resources
- Image Resizing on the server
- Navigation links
- Leveraging Connect.Koi
- Permission examples
- In-Page Editing experience
- Customizing Search Results
- Add multi-language examples
- work with icon-fonts, font-awesome etc.
- More data examples, working with users, SQL-write, PetaPoco etc.
- Working with DataSources in all kinds of ways
- Using data from other apps
- customizing search from data