Yes. In 2sxc 7.1 permissions can be applied to the following things:
- Content-Types. This is important to say things like "Feedback Items can be created by anonymous users and can be edited by Registered Users"
- Views. This allows you to create No-Code Apps with multiple server views (like Token Templates) but ensure that the Admin-Views are only accessible for Admins. With this you can now create complex Apps without any code on the server.
- Queries. Now you can give anonymous users the right to access your visual query like "Get all Blog Items with the Category specified in the URL" to create awesome, complex apps without any code!
I created extensive instructions for Permissions here.
REST? Why would I want REST?
- GET .../app-content/Feedback
You could get a JSON of all feedback items
- GET .../app-content/Feedback/27
You would get a JSON for feedback item 27
- POST .../app-content/Feedback
Sending a JSON there would would create a new item
- POST .../app-content/Feedback/27
Sending a JSON there would update the item 27
Explained and documented here.
Give it a try!
I created a trivial demo-app - have fun
With love from Switzerland,