2sxc has matured over 7 years. We're now confident that most of what we did works ;) so now we're gradually opening up the API publicly, so that others may also build enterprise solutions with it.
Highlight: Going Public of the EAV & 2sxc API
Previously we've kept most of the 2sxc internals private so that we could make changes without breaking other peoples code. Since 2sxc is a very mature, enterprise product now, we want to provide the full API specs publicly on
C# API: https://docs.2sxc.org/api/dot-net/
This should also make it easier to leverage the full power - like the Metadata-System, which is one our best kept secrets.
It's a slow process, because we have to review all the APIs, decide what to publish and what to clean up. In the process, we're renaming various namespaces and internal APIs to make sense to the public. Because of this, we're changing a lot internally, but it should not affect anybody that has used 2sxc today. We've tested all our published apps and they all still work. This is also why we're jumping from v10.09 to v10.20, so people will be cautious and read the release notes 😉.
As of now, we have about 50% of the important API published, but it's only ca. 10% of the whole system. We'll keep on pursuing this and in the same round, move documentation from the wiki into the API system and into Recipes.
Enhancements / Bugfixes
- fix date precision and time-zone in tokens (used for sorting/filtering in visual query) #1878
- fix linking to files/assets in protected folders #1862
- fix font-icon picker in new UI #1869
- fix styling in the template-picker #1876
- fix issue when opening the new edit ui in a secondary language before primary was translated #1872
- enhance the @ALL type to use the in-line wysiwyg (new feature in 10.9) #1873
- fix edit-button on type-selection in new UI #1874
- enhance input string-dropdown-query to allow configure edit/delete buttons #1875
- fix bug in new UI when multiple entities had wysiwyg in them #1870
- fix compatibility with iOS and Safari (animations, etc.) #1868
- enable link-field to only have page-picker and not show adam-button
With Love from Switzerland & Croatia
iJungleboy, Petar, Tonci, Raphael and more...