LightSpeed renders modules 99% faster and reduce page-load time by 50% - 90%. Awesome for speed, awesome for high-load servers and farms!
2sxc LightSpeed - up to 99% faster
This is a crazy-powerful output cache. It will cache the rendered HTML of a module and re-use that for the next page load. Here's an example:
- Arrow one shows it took 233ms to build the Blog on 2sic.com the first time
- Arrow two shows the next access took 2.9ms
Page Speed up by 50-90%
Since 2sxc isn't the only player on the page, this will bring down rendering time by a lot - but of course not by 99%. Here's a brief look at the page load time with Lightspeed activated - it's often below 80ms which is crazy fast for any DNN Website:
Of course without LightSpeed it would be around 300-400ms, which is still a crazy improvement.
PageSpeed, Google Ranking and Fewer Servers
Google takes PageSpeed very seriously - and of course server response time is just a small piece of the puzzle. But by making this possibly easily, it will allow you to...
- Improve PageSpeed Ranking - especially Mobile Ranking - and in turn Google Positioning
- Your site can deliver a LOT more pages per second, making your servers cheaper
Every programmer knows that cache invalidation is one of the hardest problems in programming. Here's how we do it:
- The App State in memory is fully monitored. Every change to the app will reset all the output caches, so you never need to worry about edits being missed.
- The App Folder is also monitored, so if you change a Razor file or a CSS, the reset kicks in.
- The cache will automatically vary by user, so if a user is logged in, his content will not be served to other users. Because of this, caching is turned of for logged in users, but you can turn it on.
- Every App can choose if it wishes to have a different cache by url-parameter and if it should be case-insensitive. So as you can see, the options should fit your needs!
How to Set Up
I first warning: This as a 2sxc Patrons feature. To activate it, you must become a patron. Current 2sxc sites are already the fastest DNN sites available, so if you prefer to not support us and take the free ride, you will still have an amazing website. Just without LightSpeed 😉.
Once you've become a patron, the feature is enabled by default (but you can turn it off if you see problems). After that you can configure it in every App to do exactly what you need.
👉🏼 Check out the LightSpeed docs for more info
Get 2sxc 13.10 now!
With love from Switzerland & Croatia,
iJungleboy, tvatavuk, PagnoDunadan