2sxc 13 is out - here's what you need to know:
Major Features in 2sxc 13
- Metadata System
- WebP Image-Generation using ImageFlow
- Major Visual Query enhancements
- VS Code as the built-in editor
- Upgraded to .net Standard 2.0 and connected to Dnn 9 Dependency Injection
Important Breaking Changes
Through the upgrade to .net Standard 2 and clean-up of some old features we had to introduce some breaking changes. We believe they won't affect 99% of all users, so you should be safe - but it's good to know what could hit you:
- The upgrade to .net Standard 2 is big. We have not seen any issues, but it's important to keep in mind.
- The main App which contains site-wide settings was changed to Primary (previously it used the Content App). If you already used these features, you'll have to manually update the settings on Primary.
- Some DLLs were renamed. In case you had compiled code referencing 2sxc, these references must be updated.
- Since the Image Resizer was replaced, you could experience some changes in where the files are managed etc. and if you had used special features (like automatic watermarks) of the previous image resizer, this will be missing.
- An old feature called InstanceData was removed. We believe it was only ever used in TimelineJS, but if you are affected, here's a quick guide how to fix it.
All the breaking changes are documented in the docs.
What's Next 2022 Q1?
- Our big next feature will be global Apps, which share definitions, views and more on multiple portals.
- Site-Wide metadata is also on the Roadmap, to manage Metadata like Sharing-Data for Pages
- Further enhancements to <img> und <picture> tags, to fully automate best-case images
- Further enhancements to Module Metadata, giving the content control over look & feel of a module background
- Docs, docs, docs, docs ... and tutorials
Merry X-Mas from Switzerland and Croatia
Get it now from Github Releases.
iJungleboy, Tonci, PagnoDunadan