The core design/develop features which we added are
- Instant access to the most common dev/design tools directly from the item-toolbar
- An awesome code-editor with intellisense and html-snippets...
- ...which opens in a new window and stays open, so you can still undo breaking code
- A library of snippets grouped by topic like DNN-Objects, User-Objects
- Automatically generated snippets for the current context - showing you all fields of App, the current Content-Item, Loop-Codes for your template - automatically giving you razor / tokens depeding on the template
- Intelligent (Sherlock) type-aware snippets providing you with additional snippets like a thumbnail-url or even an ADAM-loop for special fields
The in-page toolbar gives you more buttons if you are an admin with full design permissions. So the rotating options-button will provide you with an additional menu like this:
Awesome Code Editor
This is based on the very popular, extremely cool ACE editor. It even has Intellisense (see pic):
The code-button will always open a new window and the save does not close that window. Since ACE allows unlimited undo-steps, this lets you try out some code and roll back without breaking everything.
Snippet Libraries for Everything
We spent hours creating all kind of snippet libraries for you, both simple snippets like @Portal.Url
In additon to that these snippets are context aware, so they
- Show only razor-snippets on razor templates - or tokens for token-templates
- Show content-type specific snippets with the fields of the current content-type
- Show loops only on templates with lists
- Show data-type specific snippets like thumbnail-urls for file/link fields
- Show data-type specific snippets for asset-libraries
In 8.1 we don't have WebAPI snippets or AngularJS snippets yet, but we'll add them as we grow.
The snippets are very, very smart. They will automatically be updated with the field-name you selected and more. We're managing them in an Excel-file on github - feel free to contribute.
Love from Switzerland,