The blog has been completely rewritten since V3 and uses all the new features and best practices of 2sxc 11.
Introducing Blog 4.0
Making blogs isn't rocket science, and then again it is 🚀. The 2sxc Blog App 3.0 has been used thousands of times, often as a starting point for people who wanted to create something different and wanted a complete solution to build from. Here's a quick peek at the Blog 4.0:
Categories, Auto-Resized Image, Author and Tags
Showing Top X items and optional pager
Simple to Understand and Customize
...included - customize everything!
- List View which shows the latest posts and offers paging
- Category View which shows category details and only the posts of that category
- Authors View showing details about the Author and all of her posts
- Home-View showing the latest Top-3 (or 5 or whatever) posts
- Details View with inner content, so you can add galleries or forms into the blog post
- Details View also links previous and next post with thumbnail
- Modern Blog Data Model with...
- Automatic image resize and crop, with configurable focal point
- SEO optimized URL and Headers
- Open-Graph headers for Twitter and Facebook Sharing
- Share-It component
- Multi-Language (EN and DE already translated)
- DNN-Search Integration
- + all the standard 2sxc features like data-versioning, drag-and-drop ADAM image handling, Best-Of-WYSIWYG...
Best Practice Template App
We noticed that most people use the Blog App as a template to get started doing their own thing. This is why it was really important to us to refresh it with all the best practices and features of 2sxc 11. For example:
- Various Visual Queries for all Data Access
- Code Splitting for Code-Reuse
- Code-Behind to make templates easier to edit
- Latest use of Razor-Blade
- Pre-Built for Bootstrap 4 and super easy to adjust to Bootstrap 3 or 5
- CSS using SASS
- Easy to customize HTML-Razor
- Easy to add more views or customize as needed
Get it Now!
The Blog 4.0 requires 2sxc 11. You can get it from the App-Catalog or browse the code on Github.
Many thanks to Aaron!
Love from Switzerland,