Translating 2sxc into any language takes less than an hour. So we're asking you to help us go beyond the 5 languages we have so far. Please help!
How can we do this in less than 1 hour?
We have a very strong focus on what we do, and try to do 80% of the work in 20% of the time. When looking at translations, we must realize that the core users who need translations are the end users and not the admins. So all we need to reach thousands of new users is to optimize the front-end, and we can leave the back-end for some other day. To do the front-end, we actually just need to translate three resources files:
- inpage-en.json (raw) which contains 25 very short labels for all the in-page buttons like "edit", "change template"
- edit-en.json (raw) which contains about 50 short pieces of text needed in the edit-UI like "save", "something went wrong..."
- extensions/tinymce/edit-en.json (raw) which contains about 15 short button labels which the editor tinymce doesn't already provide in translated form
- admin-en.json (raw) which is general save/cancel, are-you-sure etc.
This is very easy stuff, and can easily be translated in less than 1 hour.
This is how you can help
Doing the initial translation is very simple and requires no special tools.
- Just download the English files from the links above and rename them to have your language code
- Translate all the keys
- Then e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can take care of everything
Future Language Lifecycle
Future changes will happen and I would like to be able to contact the original translators every 2-3 months to get new keys etc. added - if that's ok with you. Later on we'll setup an online tool to manage everything, but that's not the top priority as of now.
Would love to have your help!
Please post a comment if you'll help, and I'll be very grateful :)