Releasing 2sxc 9.13 with Custom DataSource API
We finally released 2sxc 9.13 which helps you build custom DataSources and wrote all the docs you need to create awesome stuff.
The New DataSource API
- New VisualQuery attribute for all data sources to better express their capabilities, help-links etc. for the UI.
Find out more in the blog post about the VisualQuery Attribute and in the VisualQuery wiki docs.
- New AsEntity() helper which converts Dictionary<string, object> into an entity which is important for custom data sources - check out the blog post and the wiki docs for AsEntity
- New ConfigMask() helper to get settings from the query designer - read the blog post and the wiki docs for ConfigMask
- New Provide() helper to simplify Out-streams generation - see the blog post and the wiki docs for Provide
- New Documentation for everything, incl. the EnsureConfigurationIsLoaded() - here's the blog post and the wiki docs for EnsureConfigurationIsLoaded.
Hope you love it :)
Daniel Mettler grew up in the jungles of Indonesia and is founder and CEO of 2sic internet solutions in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, an 20-head web specialist with over 800 DNN projects since 1999. He is also chief architect of 2sxc (see github), an open source module for creating attractive content and DNN Apps.