The iJungleboy is going back into the jungle for 7 weeks - so it will be calm around 2sxc till end of August.
What is Happening?
I, Daniel, the iJungleboy, am the Architect of 2sxc. My family and I will be going to Tanzania for 7 weeks volunteering. We will be doing all kinds of things like:
- My 9 and 12 year old kids will be teaching English to pre-schoolers
- My wife and I will be doing all kinds of teaching work, assisting NPOs in Marketing and other topics
- I will also test-run my vision of using checklists to organize NPOs using azing.org
Why is Daniel the iJungleboy?
I guess this could use some explanation right now 😉. I grew up in Papua New Guinea and Indonesia. My parents were missionaries.
So just to give you a picture:
- ...I spent most of my live in the Jungle till I was 17
- ...I went 2 years in a jungle-boarding-school in Irian Jaya and only saw my parents twice a year
- ...I had Malaria 5x and Cholera once
- ...I ate everything from intestines, magots
That was my life as the Jungleboy. Since my parents needed a PC for linguistics research and bible translation, I taught myself programming as a kid. So when we returned to Switzerland in 1994 I was fluent in English, Indonesian and Visual Basic - the ideal bedrock for an IT-company in those days 🚀.
What does this Mean for 2sxc?
This means that probably no more releases will appear till the end of August, and there will be less activity answering issues on Github and StackOverflow by the iJungleboy. Others will still be around, but in case you're missing the fast, acurate responses you've been getting - this is why 😉.
What's next for 2sxc?
We have some major features that we just developed but we'll probably only release a Pre-release now before Daniel leaves, as it could have bugs that wouldn't be fixed on short notice. The core features we're working on ATM are:
- Global Settings system which
- will contain resources (like the Fancybox3-resources, so apps would always use the identical version)
- will contain Image-resolutions (so Apps could all use the same parameters for full-size images, lightbox images etc.)
- This global Settings-System is extremely powerful, so that you can override certain values at System, Site or App level as needed - and all other values will still be inherited from the level above.
- Major enhancements on WebAPIs to back-port newer .net-core APIs like Ok(..) or File(...) making it easier to create complex responses - which will also work across Dnn/Oqtane.
- New App releases with these new standards, so that they will all be cross-platform
With love from Switzerland,