In this post I would like to help you understand what happens between the sheets - mostly from the moment the web server receives the request up to the moment where your code (your C# class) gets to do something.
would recommend to watch the Basic-Series Parts
it explains the very basics of WebAPI.
- Since this is part 2.2, you would also benefit from starting with
- Even if you don't, make sure you have a working DNN with 2sxc 6.4 installed (
see this blog for help).
- The App you'll install can be found in the App-Catalog - direct link here
In the following 7 minute Video, I'll show you
- Routing - what binds a URL to your code
- Help you understand how things are connected - very important if you want to get good at WebAPI
- I'll also show you differences from ASP.net to DNN to DNN-Apps in 2sxc (which don't require any registration).
- The URLs and posts data which arrives at the server
- The mechanisms that are at work before your code starts
With love from Switzerland,