Two years ago we started planing for full mobile editing, and realized that various challenges had to be solved, like:
- mobile-device capable scripts (solved with AngularJS in V8)
- responsive WYSIWYG editor (TinyMCE in V8.1)
- ultra-fast image / attachment upload (ADAM in V8 and Libraries in 8.3)
- responsive edit dialog (Material Design in V8.5)
- edit-toolbar which doesn't need mouse-over (now solved with Shake in 8.6)
Most of these things were solved during the last two years, especially the updated material-design we introduced in 2sxc 8.5. Now we tackled the mouse-over with a solution which we believe is awesome!
Shake to Edit
Our newest revolution on 2sxc is shake support to show in-page editing buttons. Shake it!
Here's a quick gif-animation demonstrating the Shake!
Internally it uses the browser-API to detect motion, and if the motion is strong enough, it will toggle a CSS class which will auto-show all floating toolbars. We believe this provides a real added value!
Try it on the latest release of 2sxc 8.6.
We hope you love it too, please give us feedback :)