If you have a field like Author which points to another Content-Item you can also export/import these references.
- If you need just one value, just put the GUID of the target into the field
- If you need multiple values, put all the GUIDs there, comma separated
If you are importing complex data with multiple tables, it's easiest to
- first import the pointed-at-data (like the Authors)
- if you did not import GUIDs (which is usually the case) then re-export the authors - you now know what GUID they have...
- based on this list and some VLOOKUP-magic in Excel, add the Author-GUIDs to the data you want to import
- ...and finally import those tables
Note that you can import the lists in any sequence you like - since you can re-import them again after the pointed-at-data exists. So if an employee points to another employee (like the boss), then just do the initial import without the reference and re-import it again with the references.