In brief, here are the things you can do
- Easily retrieve JSON data from a 2sxc module
- Easily pass data on to jQuery for further processing (demo)
- Easily pass data on to knockoutJS for further processing (same demo)
- Easily pass data on to AngularJS for the same purpose (same demo)
- Create your own, custom edit/add/remove buttons (see same demo)
In the background, things are actually much more advanced - the JS-controller is like a Pipeline-Extension of the Data-Pipeline used in the background of 2sxc.
Getting Started with the JS-API
The JS-API is now documented in the API-documentation on Github. Read more here.